Zucchini Boats Stuffed With Vegetables
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper finely diced
- 15 grape tomatoes sliced
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tsp turmeric
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 357 F.
- Cut the zucchinis in half crosswise. Then cut each piece lengthwise, resulting in eight pieces total.
- Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, remove the flesh of each zucchini piece in a way to form a boat.
- Brush 1 tbsp ox extra virgin olive oil on the outside of the zucchini boats, and place them in a small roasting pan.
- Chop the zucchini flesh in small pieces, proportional to the other ingredients.
- In a heavy skillet, over medium high heat, add 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and sauté the onion until it is translucent, about 5 minutes
- Add the garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, chopped zucchini flesh, tomatoes, ½ cup parsley, turmeric, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine, cover the skillet and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes.
- Fill the zucchini boats with the mixture of the cooked vegetables.
- Bake for about 5-6 minutes, until the zucchini shells are cooked.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 tbsp parsley, serve ans enjoy!