Paleo Breakfast Egg-Wraps
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/3 cup, packed, baby spinach or any other salad or vegetable of your choice
- 2 slices of cooked uncured bacon
- 1 tbsp medium hot salsa
- Additional tools: 11" plate (unless you feel comfortable flipping the omelets in the air...).
- Using a 10 inch frying pan, heat the oil.
- When the pan and the oil are hot, add the beaten eggs and swirl the pan in order to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer the egg mixture (like when making crêpes). This will create a very thin omelette that can replace the typical tortilla wraps.
- If you are comfortable flipping the omelets in the air, then go ahead and do so. If you are like me (more probably the omelette will land on the floor...) here is an alternative: With the help of a silicon spatula, slide the egg on the plate, cooked side at the bottom. Cover with the pan, hold the band and the plate tightly together and flip. Remove the pate and return the pan to the stove.
- After flipping the egg cook for one more minute.
- Transfer to a plate or a board, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Roll like any other tortilla to create a tasty and healthy breakfast wrap.
Make ahead notes:You can make more than one egg wrap in one cooking session (e.g. on Sunday), refrigerate them to have them handy for quick breakfast preparation.The eggs can be cooked 2 -3 days ahead of time and when they cool to room temperature (this kept in the refrigerator in a plate covered with plastic (saran) wrap.I like to add the filling (using a bit less salsa) the night before and refrigerate the finished wrap rolled tightly in saran wrap. This way, I have a great-and-go breakfast for the days that I have no time to eat it at home.