Potato Salad (Mayonnaise Free)
- 1 lb small potatoes (about 1 - 1 1/2 inch diameter)
- 2-4 scallions, finely sliced, the white and tender green parts
- 1/3 cup parsley, finely shopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (check the labels for one without any sugar)
- Freshly ground pepper
- The juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse the potatoes, half them, place them in a pot and cover then with cold water.
- Bring to boil and cook the potatoes over medium heat until fork tender, but not too soft, about 10 - 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and dijon mustard. Add the scallions, parsley and tarragon and stir.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain them and place them in a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the hot potatoes and gently toss so that it is evenly distributed around the potatoes.
- Can be served warm or cold.
Courses Side Dish, Salad
Recipe by Primal Mediterranean Gourmet at http://primalmediterraneangourmet.com/mayonnaise-free-potato-salad/